Idiot String is currently hiring for the production positions listed below. Please contact Rebecca Longworth at email@example.com with your resume to arrange an interview. People of color and gender-non-conforming folks are especially encouraged to apply.
Stage Manager or Production Stage Manager: Port Stories
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- You’ll support rehearsals and production for an ambitious, site-specific theatrical production that’s devised collaboratively with the ensemble.
- You’ll serve as the main point of contact for all collaborators and build positive, creative, and collaborative relationships with an amazing group of artists.
- You’ll keep the rehearsals schedule and contact sheet up-to-date, and take notes on blocking and script adjustments to assist creation of the final production script along with the writing team.
- You’ll lead the production crew and provide support during performances. You may call or run some sound cues, but the nature of this production is such that there is not a need for the traditional calling of cues.
- You’ll manage production meetings along with the Design Director.
- Experience with experimental, site-specific, devised, and/or interactive theatre is preferred.
- Stage management experience in a theatrical setting, either traditional or non-traditional, is required, as well as an understanding and appreciation of the unique role of the stage manager.
- Several meetings with the director and design and production team outside rehearsals
- Attendance at all rehearsals and performances
- Keeping up with daily communications during the rehearsal and performance period
- Two positions are available: Production Stage Manager, who would attend all rehearsals and performances and lead the Stage Management team; and Stage Manager, who would attend only certain rehearsals and performances, sharing the position with another SM.
- Production Stage Manager: $1000 stipend
- Stage Manager: $400 – $800 stipend, depending on level of commitment
Rehearsals, Tech & Performance Dates
Weekday rehearsals take place in East Oakland and weekend rehearsals in Port Costa.
|Regular rehearsals||April 20 – June 1 (weeknights in East Oakland; weekend days in Port Costa)|
|Tech rehearsals / preview||June 2 – 7 (weeknights and weekend days in Port Costa)|
|Opening||Saturday June 8|
|Performance run||June 8 – June 23 (Friday evenings, Saturday matinee & evening, Sunday early evening in Port Costa)|
|Possible extension||June 28 – 30|