Idiot String is currently hiring for the production positions listed below. Please contact Rebecca Longworth at email@example.com with your resume to arrange an interview. People of color and gender-non-conforming folks are especially encouraged to apply.
Costume Designer: Port Stories
Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- You’ll create and execute costume designs for an ambitious site-specific theatrical production that’s devised collaboratively with the ensemble.
- You’ll create designs collaboratively with the performers wearing your costumes and work closely with other designers, building positive, creative, and collaborative relationships with an amazing group of artists.
- You may supervise costume assistants to help with costume piece work.
- Experience designing theatrical costumes and working closely with performers & writers to understand character, motivation, and the world of the play is essential;
- Sewing and alteration skills preferred;
- Interest in and/or experience with experimental, site-specific, devised, and/or interactive theatre preferred.
- Self-directed time shopping for and/or constructing costumes
- Attendance at several production meetings
- Costume fittings with the cast per your schedule
- Attendance at certain rehearsals, including all dress and tech rehearsals
- Availability throughout the performance run to ensure repairs or replacements are made in a timely manner
- $750 stipend, with separate materials budget ($1000)
Rehearsals, Tech & Performance Dates
Weekday rehearsals take place in East Oakland and weekend rehearsals in Port Costa.
|Regular rehearsals||April 20 – June 1 (weeknights in East Oakland; weekend days in Port Costa)|
|Tech rehearsals / preview||June 2 – 7 (weeknights and weekend days in Port Costa)|
|Opening||Saturday June 8|
|Performance run||June 8 – June 23 (Friday evenings, Saturday matinee & evening, Sunday early evening in Port Costa)|
|Possible extension||June 28 – 30|